is made up of equatorial lowlands, high, temperate plateaus
and cooler mountainous areas. The country is separated
into 5 different regions:
- The Mekong Delta in the southern part of the country.
- The Annamite Mountain Range.
- The coastal strip between the Annamite Mountains
and Southern Chinese Sea.
- The Delta of the Red River.
- The Northern Mountain Range.
Covering an area of 329, 600
square kilometers, one might consider Vietnam small,
but the country does extend across two climatic zones.
Vietnam lies in the intertropical zone and climate varies
by geographic location. In the Northern region of the
country, the area recognizes two seasons, winter from
November to April, and summer from May to October. In
the more tropical South, there is a little more variation
in weather patterns: the cold season from November to
January, the hot season from February to April or May
and the rainy season from May or June to October.